Death by Chocolate
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee bars, frozen and crushed
PreparationBake cake, according to package directions, in a 9x13 inch pan. Cool and crumble. Make pudding, according to package directions, with milk.
In a large trifle or other glass serving bowl, place half of the crumbled cake. Pour half of the coffee over the cake, spread half the pudding over that, and top with half the whipped topping sprinkled with half the crumbled candy bars. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving.